What’s the most important factor when it comes to creating a website for you? Most people would say price, or it has to be made by professional designers and developers, which is super important. Still, the most essential factor is how easy and fast it is to get it up and running without tech expertise and working on a tight budget. This is where pre-made templates come in. Municity makes it quick and easy for everyone to create a site for city governments and municipalities.
By the time you’re done reading this article, you’ll learn how to create efficient blocks, what you get right out of the box, and more. Nowadays, it’s kind of neat to build a professional and engaging website using just a pre-made template. So, let’s get started.
A Few Sentences About Municity
TemplateMonster offers each template 100% equal in terms of the features and functionality in the template. Every template in the entire marketplace can achieve the same result or design. So you may relax, knowing that whichever one you pick to start your site, you won’t be kicking yourself down the road and starting over with a completely new site built. And Municity is no exception!
Municity looks very clean, modern, and professional. It comes with all the necessary features to have a successful online presence. Since it has a beautiful design, sometimes it makes sense to start from scratch, especially if you need to reach your brand identity—and this pattern is intuitive and easy to customize.
What is a Municipality?
In this part of the article—we’ll learn what a municipality is. In a few sentences, a municipality refers to any governmental agency susceptible to lawsuits for employee negligence, accidents on its property, or accidents involving vehicles. It includes cities, towns, villages, and even states themselves could be considered municipalities. It also includes political subdivisions like housing authorities, parks departments, and other entities.
Core Municity Features
Thanks to the responsive design, it’s easy for the website to switch between different breakpoints. When people use their phones or tablets, the breakpoints resize themselves to fit any screen size. It perfectly works for any type of screen, even for widescreens with over 1440 pixels. This template alone allows you to easily have responsive websites without writing a single line of code and building each canvas from scratch.
Search Engine Friendly
SEO stands for search engine optimization. This means formatting your website to make it easier for search engines to find your site and direct people to it. Headers and navigation are incredibly important for SEO. It allows search engines to quickly identify the most essential content and push it to the top of Google results. While designing this template—the author considered all those aspects.
Bootstrap is a modern front-end framework to speed up and help you with website development designed to help you with your layout and design. Bootstrap is the ideal framework for delivering responsiveness to your website, making it adapt to the user’s device. Use the power of a responsive grid to lay out your web page using the bootstrap grid by creating columns and rows. It lets you quickly define the breakpoints and step into the creation process.
Once you download and install this template file, you may start work on this project in WordPress. You can edit, adjust, and work with that project as you would like. Thanks to the WordPress builder and its seamless accessibility—it’s possible more than ever to customize your website’s appearance and functionality in a user-friendly and simple-to-use way, meaning no coding requirements. However, you also might be safe in the knowledge that an original version of the file you converted will stay in the original folder.
When the author thought of developing Municity, they considered the factors of how quickly people would be able to get to the web page. So, if you’ve ever visited a website but navigated away because the page wasn’t loading fast enough, using this template—your site will have good performance and industry-leading fast loading speed.
Seamless plug-in compatibility
Municity, like all TemplateMonster themes, is fully compatible with all WordPress plugins, meaning there are no limits to adding them. It only depends on the purpose you want to reach.
Here’s a list of plugins to help you get the most out of this template:
- Revolution Slider
HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language, and no HTML is not a programming language. But it’s such a massive part of the building blocks when it comes to the web. HTML is a set of instructions. It uses different tags and elements to identify what you see on the screen and serves as a way to provide additional instructions as to what to show to the user.
Whenever we create a business website on any of the different platforms, we want to add the location of our business as well. For example, if you have a restaurant, an online brand, a clothing brand, or a physical shop, you may want to specify a location—especially when dealing with city government. This feature enables you to do that easily.
You can rest assured in the author’s expertise whenever there’s a problem you might encounter. The author quickly responds, identifies the issue, and provides step-by-step instructions with an efficient solution. If you have any questions—feel free to get in touch through the email.
A great CMS is more than a content management system and website-building. It’s key ingredients that come together to make something truly special. It’s the combination of plugins, themes, tools, and user-friendly interface created to work seamlessly together—so the most powerful CMS is WordPress. It delivers all of those plus even more.
A rich set of plugins that add up to help you increase site functionality further and create amazing experiences that deeply integrate with this platform. WordPress offers over 50,000 powerful plugins. They go beyond just saving you some time or helping you add a specific feature, but what’s cool is that most of them are free. It’s incredible!
WordPress evolves to meet new challenges and users’ needs right when they emerge. Moreover, the interface is easy to get around, allowing you to quickly and effortlessly create unique layouts. Finally, due to seamless integration with page builders like Elementor—it lets you customize templates in a magical new way—all with drag-and-drop technology.
Municipal Site Structure
Before we dive into the basics of this theme, you’ll learn how you may easily create an efficient website with the most important sections for city citizens.
- Convenient navigation menu. Convenient navigation menu. A popular style of navigation menu has become Mega Menu. And most importantly, it’s straightforward to use. Add crucial links—what residents come to the website for most frequently, so you want to make them front and center to make the necessary information easy to find. Those links might be tied to any popular pages, such as internal ones or any sort of document.
- Good-looking main screen. Choose a high-quality and eye-catching picture because this is the center of attention. It’s like the front shelf of a store. So, it could be your happy citizens, downtown, significant locations, team, and more.
- News section. You would use it to push out general information you want people to see, such as what’s new in the city, what events are coming up soon, elections, and more. Overall, all of the past/recent news and notices are important because keeping citizens aware is crucial.
- Dates and working hours. It would be nice to add sections with City Office Hours and a calendar with upcoming events.
- Receiving updates. Create a block for a subscription. People may subscribe to receive email or text notifications from things you post on the website. This particular section allows visitors to quickly subscribe to any categories you want them to be able to subscribe to.
- Departments. It’s also one of the most essential blocks. There are a lot of sections to add, for example, municipal court, fire department, public works, recreation department, police department, utility service, and more. Each department has necessary information like contact, description, or department team.
- FAQ. You want to add three or more of the most popular FAQs you receive. Plus, under the three most important FAQs, you can add a little button, “More Questions.” When visitors click on it—it’ll quickly take them to an internal page where all the FAQs—and you can always have as many FAQs as you would like.
- Footer. Footer is shown on every page: generally, you include a photo, logo, and contact information you want. This might include links to your services, social media links, location, phone number, legal information, etc. The primary purpose of a footer is to show go-to information that will be available for everyone on every page at just a glance.
In a nutshell, it all comes down to having the necessary sections for your City Government or Municipal site—yet you could build more blocks and pages to meet your specific requirements.
Short Video About Plugins
Now more than ever, users need access to plugins that empower their capability significantly and bring further versatility to the creation process. This is the best plugin tutorial and the ultimate installation step-by-step guide for beginners.